MOVE–IN AND MOVE–OUT PROCEDURES
Attention to detail in handling a resident’s move–in and move–out is for the benefit of both the homeowner and the resident. Misunderstandings are avoided by following our well–defined procedures.
- Residents can move-in on the date noted in their lease as ‘Lease Term Begin Date’.
- Prior to actually moving in furniture, a walk–through must be completed and a condition report is be to fill out.
- Note any property maintenance problems you see during this walk–through.
- The same form will be used at move–out to note any damage that isn’t considered “normal wear and tear”.
- Please see this Move Out Check list for what is required to move out properly You must complete this list and this effects your deposit refund.
- The resident may accompany management in doing the move–out walk-thru. This walk-thru is to document any problems that could result in partial or full forfeiture of deposit.
- To receive a deposit refund according to the terms of the lease, resident must have all personal items out of the property and off the premises by 5pm of the last day of the lease. Any personal items left in the property will be disposed of by management according to landlord tenant law. There could be charges against deposits if there is a cost involved in disposal fee. Resident is to clean the home and return it to the condition it was upon move-in.
Please read your lease carefully, as the lease document is the binding process for move–in and move–out, and there could be new procedures not shown here.